Friday, July 23, 2010

WOOOOOOO schoooooooolll!!!!

The past two weeks have been so hectic! I started school on the 12th and its like I hit the ground running. Its so crazy! My algebra class isn't bad at all since I am pretty good at math and this is mainly a refresher for me but its alright. My Fund. of design class is a review of my design class I took at quad C so its just different projects over things that I already know about. So that is nice. My color theory class is probably my FAVORITE class, one cuz i like colors and i like figuring out what goes together, two my professor is hilarious and he has had so much experience its awesome. My observational drawing professor has an enormous portfolio. My load for the first week wasn't too bad but this week its a little more since I have more painting and more drawing to do but no matter how much I have to do I love it. Its nice doing what I really want to be doing and not this stupid crap that quad C had me go through.
I took a placement test at the AI and placed so much higher than I did at quad C and it just made me feel so much better. I knew that I can do algebra and that I have decent English skills. Quad C had me take over 2 classes of developmental Math courses that I didn't need to be in, it was a waste of time and a waste of money. And with English I don't like writing but I'm not horrible at it. I basically felt like a failure at Quad C and going to the Art Institute had most definitely changed that. I am much more confident in who I am and what I am doing and it makes me very happy.

This past weekend my mom and grandpa came out to our house and spent the weekend with us. I really enjoyed it. I have not been able to get to spend a lot of time with my Grandpa since I was I think 17. He didn't get to go to my graduation and then couldn't make it to the wedding so it was really nice being able to spend time with him and see him.

I really need to either color my hair or trim it my ends are getting bad but I don't know where to go out here since I don't really know anyone and I don't really trust just anyone to do my hair so I have to wait till we go back to Texas. I miss Texas

No comments:

Post a Comment