Monday, April 26, 2010

Husband and Wife, not him or I

I'm bothered by the small things. It is like I'm OCD I guess. More than one person today has asked me, When is Chris going to be in Texas? both of my friends that asked me that today one of them barely talks to me, and then the other one asked and then when I proceeded to explain how I feel, did not help at all.
Chris isn't the only one coming home, I moved out here. Granted I know he has been gone for 7 months I know this, I have been on a emotional roller coaster since he left. I know because I am his wife. It is not only Chris or me anymore, we are one entity now, One does not come with out the other. Ive been through so much with Chris being gone, and no one seems to understand what it is exactly that I have to go through, no matter how I try to explain it. It can't be understood till one has gone through it. Its more painful than anything that any normal person has to go through. So when someone asks me when is chris coming home, when I have already moved out here and do not live in Tx anymore. That hurts, I'm not chopped liver. I know that you dont miss me as much as you miss chris but I'm bringing him home. We are coming home not chris by himself.
The way you say something changes the meaning whether it was meant that way or not.

1 comment:

  1. That sucks. I'm sorry that people put it that way. Definitely not cool. (I know that he's home now, btw, I'm just behind in blog commenting).

    YOU were going through stuff while he was gone just like he was. It works both ways. People just don't get that, and it's easy to undermine how you feel during the whole process.

    Glad that he's home now (well, you're BOTH home ;) and that you can spend some much-needed time together. Stay strong, girly!

    ReplyDelete